Washington’s & The Armory, supported by Bohemian Foundation
Job Description: We are seeking an experienced Venue Manager for our Live Music events. The Venue Manager is responsible for the successful execution and management of all front of house functions for two ticketed live music venues in Northern Colorado, Washington’s and The Armory. The Venue Manager leads a team including Guest Services, Box Office, Bar Staffing, and contracted Security with the goal of exemplary service to all guests of the venue and to visiting artists. The Venue Manager will also identify and manage necessary vendor / partner support and be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the venue. They will uphold and enforce all safety requirements in our spaces. Support of Bohemian’s other Live Music endeavors, including supporting Workforce Development efforts, as required. The role will report to the Live Music Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Five or more years of operational experience in a managerial role that includes responsibility for managing a facility in the entertainment or hospitality industry.
- Proven interpersonal skills including communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in managing, developing and mentoring staff as well as the ability to effectively manage schedules and budgeting.
- High value on integrity and doing the right thing.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or related field (experience in lieu of degree will be considered).
- Experience in the music industry, including working with artists.
- Knowledge in overseeing food, labor, and beverage costs, and inventory management.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all employees.
Physical requirements: ability to stand, kneel and/or crouch for long periods of time, work in varying physical environments, ability to lift and move excess of 60 lbs. as necessary during the normal flow of the day-to-day workload preferably unassisted, as needed, and to move 100 lbs., with assistance. Position will require the loading and unloading of equipment, as needed.
The minimum starting salary for this position is $60,000. All regular, full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, wellness benefits, retirement savings and company match. Additional benefits include sixteen paid holidays, flexible time off, new parent leave, staff education and tuition-based education reimbursement.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company’s good faith and reasonable reflection of the minimum compensation and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including employee qualifications, employer finances, and other operational considerations.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain active until candidate is identified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage interested applicants to apply promptly.
Bohemian Foundation is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal employment opportunities to its current employees and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Bohemian Foundation prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.